Enter in person and meet Wilhelmina agents!
When: Thursday, December 1st, 2011
Open to: Females, ages 13-29, no size restrictions.
Where: Wilhelmina Models, 300 Park Avenue south, (bet 22nd and 23rd street) New York City, 2nd floor
What to bring:
- two (2) close up color photographs of your face (one smiling, one not smiling)
- one (1) color photograph of your full body, each taken within the previous 30 days, and include your height, weight, shirt size, pants size, hair color and eye color
- essay of 50 words or less describing what makes you the perfect “Seventeen Presents Tyra Banks’s Fiercely Real Model” model
We’ve collected a few of Tyra’s best tips:
- Do not be a “no-neck monster.” Try to elongate your neck for maximum extension.
- Do not be a limp noodle. Always pose with tension in your body completely from H2T (head to toe).
- Do not stare aimlessly when posing. Create intensity for the camera through your eyes. Smize (smile with your eyes)!
- Pick a favorite model and study them. Everything from the way they turn their head to their fierce runway walk.
- Do your homework! Know something about the agency or client and be aware of scams. Not everything out there is legit!
- No nail polish: Simple clear, nude, or sheer!
- Be honest! It’s okay to tell them if you don’t have a lot of experience. Wow them with your natural ability (this is why practice is so important!)
How to Hide Flaws:
- Chin Up = Smaller Forehead. I am always telling the girls on ANTM to chin up! Not only will it make a large forehead look smaller, it will also elongate the neck.
- Knees In = Slimmer Hips. Turning a knee in will make your hips appear slimmer. This will also give you a space between your thighs, which is something that most women don’t have.
For the complete rundown of Tyra’s modeling tips, visit her piece on Seventeen’s website. And make sure to watch ANTM Cycle 17: All Stars tonight at 9/8c on The CW to see which three modelstants make the Final 3!
Source: Tips from WetPaint.com